Watch this video for details on how we are handling returning to church:
WHAT THE ISLAND CHURCH IS DOING TO KEEP YOU HEALTHY
- When we return to our campus, you will find clean and sterilized spaces. Every surface will have been properly sanitized and rigorous protocols will be in place to keep it that way, including closing down the building between services to sanitize our spaces.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- Masks are recommended (but not required) while on campus. We will have masks and gloves available for you should you want them.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in place, including reduced seating capacities.
- We will lay out a clear way to enter and exit the building to help with social distancing guidelines.
- Our sanctuary doors will be open to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- We will temporarily discontinue coffee stations.
- Water fountains will not be available at this time.
- Restrooms will be available and sanitized between services.
- All seat-back materials, papers, and pens will be removed. All prayer resources will be made available online.
- Island Kids services and nurseries will not be available at this time. Families with kids are always welcome here and Island Kids Ministry will not only provide in-service goodie bags, but will continue to provide kids and families with excellent bible teaching, resources, and connection to awesome Kids Leaders through our website! We encourage families with kids to sit on the sides or in the back with easier access to exits and bathrooms.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Reserve your seats online for the service you choose before attending an in-person gathering.
- While on campus, maintain a 6 foot distance from others and avoid all physical contact with those outside your family, including shaking hands and hugs.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Please follow all posted signage.
- If you are fearful, immune-compromised, or feel vulnerable in any way, we support you in staying home and would encourage you to stay connected with us online!
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU ARRIVE
- Park and walk up to the white tents located in front of the church building.
- Get in line under the white tents and our team will check you in according to the service you pre-registered for online.
- Bathrooms and lobby with be unavailable for use until the doors open for the service that you are registered for.
- After getting checked in and doors opening for your service, our team will direct you inside where your path will lead you into our sanctuary.
- If you have kids, our IslandKids team will offer them each an in-service goodie bag.
- As you enter the sanctuary, ushers will direct you to a section with the right amount of seats for your family. Our seating has been spaced out in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Following our worship gatherings, you will be directed along an exit path.
- Between services, our church building will be cleared out and locked down to clean and sanitize our spaces including our bathrooms and sanctuary
WATCH FOR SYMPTOMS
In the last 14 days, if you have been experiencing symptoms of a cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever, or if you have had in-person contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not attend an in-person service and plan to worship with us online instead at theislandchurch.online.church